How to be Whimsical: Grocery Shopping
You must love food if you are to be truly whimsical. Food is not just for eating: it can be played with, made into art and is perfect for wrapping in baker’s twine and gifting. Grocery stores also make great playgrounds!
- only shop at locally-owned grocery stores, Whole Foods or the farmers market
- stare at the neatly stacked cans of cat food and appreciate the beauty in the design of the Fancy Feast label and OMG HELLA BRIGHT COLORS
- stick your hand in all the grains and beans in the bulk section and pretend that you are Amelie
- smell a peach while staring at the cute cashier with a Dali mustache
- dance in the frozen foods section
- buy a baguette and carry it under your arm like a French lady
- arrange heirloom tomatoes into a face
- talk to the lady giving out samples of hummus for fifteen minutes
- stock up on whimsical beverages
- covet the aprons the clerks get to wear
- always remember to bring a canvas bag from your collection
- sleep through the farmers market because really, weekends are just so hard.