How to be Whimsical: Weekday Mornings
Mornings are the most important part of the day, mostly because they involve breakfast. Mornings are for leisure; a way of infusing a bit of the weekend into each day you have to go out and earn your keep. As such, make sure you have at least two hours set aside before work to brew coffee, eat a full breakfast, skim the NY Times headlines (blog reading is for work hours) and style your bangs properly. Breakfast is the most important meal in the whimsical lifestyle. After you leave the house, you’re probably only going to eat macarons and candy and Izze juice, so it is imperative that you pack your nutrients into your morning meal.
- If you don’t drink caffeine, Sleepy Time tea is totally OK to drink in the morning.
- Shower first and put your hair in curlers. Put on a robe and walk around with an oversize mug and pretend you’re a Golden Girl.
- Have a meaningful conversation with your boyf/hubs over whole-wheat strawberry pancakes.
- English muffins must only be topped with butter, marmalade or lemon curd.
- Make use of your tea cup collection and drink whole milk from them.
- Pugs need breakfast too!
- A muffin is not a meal — put an egg on it.
- Never rush in the morning. Rushing is the number one culprit behind needing mental health days.